First organized in 1935, the Wickford Yacht Club’s first clubhouse on Cornelius Island was destroyed in the Hurricane of 1938. A new Club was formed after WWII, and incorporated in May 1963 with 22 families. The current clubhouse on Pleasant St. was purchased in 1968. WYC welcomed sailors to the Wickford Regattas from 1974-1981 and 2009-present. Superstorm Sandy ravished the club in 2012, but it has been put back together better than ever. Members have also participated in Club Cruises from 1971 to present.
The originators of the Club stated its mission to be: "To foster the sport of yachting and to provide suitable facilities and activities for its members." As we look at our list of activities each year, we realize how well that mission is being met by the present membership.
P.O. Box 352
North Kingstown, RI 02852
VHF Channel 9
The Steward is here from Memorial Day to the end of the week of the Columbus Day Holiday, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM.
He can be reached by telephone (401) 294-9010 or VHF Channel 09.